With annual sales of approximately 2.0 billion Euro, the SCHOTT Group’s success is the result of innovative ideas generated by almost 17,000 SCHOTT employees around the world with commitment, courage and curiosity. The basis of our growing success is our global business strategy with its emphasis on our ambitious 10-year vision.
As an innovative high-tech group and global player with production facilities and competence centers in all major markets, we are constantly working on new ideas and creative solutions to help turn your ideas into reality.
We are continuously striving for excellence and expanding our knowledge base to guarantee the highest quality products at affordable prices. This is how we contribute to your success, around the world – around the clock.
Curious about SCHOTT? Then SCHOTT is curious about you!
Assistant Engineer/Production Technician
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003003188216
The Assistant Engineer / Production Technician is reporting to the Section Manager and has to organize and manage the respective section and ensure that all production schedules are met in accordance to our required plan.
It is the responsibility of the Assistant Engineer / Production Technician to:
- Ensure production process is carried out under controlled conditions.
- Ensure correct quantity and correct material is drawn based on work order requirement.
- Ensure that work is performed in accordance to the ISO 9001 and ISO/TS 16949 Quality Management System / IMSU policy, procedures and guidelines
- Set up machines / equipment when necessary in accordance to the required parameters and respective
- Maintain the machines and the equipment in good working conditions and in accordance to respective schedule
- Provide guidance and training to new operators and arrange job for them.
- Ensure the operators operators work accordingly to the respective work instructions and provide technical support to them
- Inspect and ensure only accepted finished parts and correct quantity are in accordance to inspection plan and packed into specified container / packaging
- Analyse and investigate defective products; report any issue on the production floor to the respective section head.
- Report any quality issue; Co-ordinate for QC auditing and to ensure resolution of problems which are identified by the auditors
- Professional Certificate/NITEC/Diploma/Advanced,Higher,Graduate Diploma in Engineering
- At least 2 years of relevant experience working in manufacturing/machinery environment
- At least 2 years of supervisory experience/managing blue-collar employees
- Good at report writing/documentation/administration
- Good analytical skills and able to make judgment/decisions when issues arise
- Comfortable with working on a shift schedule and overtime