ASSISTANT DIRECTOR/ SENIOR MANAGER/ MANAGER, ATHLETE LIFE MANAGEMENT
National Youth Sports Institute
jobsDB ref: JSG400003002987024
You will be responsible for managing programmes to promote Education Development and Personal Development for carded youth student-athletes:
Develop and deliver an impactful athlete engagement strategy to aspiring and existing youth athletes on their journey to their next major Championships or Games
Deliver a performance support system around elite level youth athletes
Collaborate with schools, Institutes of Higher Learning and National Sports Associations to develop and/or enhance athlete progression pathways
Collaborate with overseas Education Institutions to structure athlete friendly university pathways for student-athletes to continue their sporting development
Creatively develop and promote the ‘One Team Singapore’ ethos and values amongst all Team Singapore athletes, and related partners/stakeholders
Manage the long-term relationships with our network of Education Institutions and all other strategic partners, as well as drive the strategic marketing and communications of Athlete Life Management programmes
- A professional Degree
- At least 3 years of working experience in working with elite athlete support systems, in professional sports organisations, or wider sports industry. Candidate for Assistant Director position should have at least 8 years of relevant experience.
- Prior experience as an elite athlete, coach or in sports management/administration is preferred
- Experience in developing and managing new programmes, establishing new systems and processes, use of content management systems and management of web content, developing alumni programmes and supporting commercial partners
- Good systems thinking skills
- Good interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- A good team-player, highly motivated and performance-driven
- Able to relate well with youth athletes and coaches
If you are a highly motivated, engaging and enthusiastic individual with an understanding of the needs of elite student-athletes and if you want to work and excel in a challenging environment, we invite you to join us. You should forward a detailed CV with a recent photograph, stating your academic / professional qualifications, working experience and current and expected salaries. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to National Youth Sports Institute
About National Youth Sports Institute
National Youth Sports Institute (NYSI) is a central resource, expertise and management body, placed to understand the needs of high performing student-athletes across sports and to address evolving challenges in the sports ecosystem. NYSI will propagate tested systems, processes and best practices to the wider youth sports excellence ecosystem in Singapore to aid aspiring talented student-athletes in achieving sporting breakthroughs and win glory for Singapore.