Application Security Specialist
jobsDB ref: JSG400003003249689
Employer Ref. 18308
With more than 80 years of successful operations, AIA Singapore is a leading life insurer with one of the largest agency force and dedicated staff locally.
Our commitment to protecting Singapore’s health and financial future has helped us win numerous accolades including the Singapore Health Award 2014 by the Health Promotion Board as well as Human Resources magazine’s No.1 Employee Insurance Vendor of the Year for nine consecutive years and No.1 Employee Healthcare Provider of the Year for two consecutive years.
AIA Singapore is committed to enrich the lives of both our customers and people. Our dedication to providing our people with a supportive environment that allows them to achieve their career goals has helped us garner HR Asia Magazine’s Best Companies to Work for in Asia 2014 & 2015 Award. This is where your capabilities will be stretched and you’ll be empowered to deliver your best. To find out how you can boost your career, visit our website at http://www.aia.com.sg now.
Application Security Specialist
Reporting to the country Head for Technology Risk, you will lead in the governance and management of Technology Risk for the Singapore business with a focus on mobile application security Preferably, you will be an experienced IS security professional with experience in mobile apps, and exposure to open source development, cloud technologies and DevOps.
You will also take on the various responsibilities of the team as assigned. These will cover the range of Technology Risk activities.
- Risk Advisory: Mainly reviews and security advisory on application security, but also infrastructure security reviews.
- Standards Governance: Review regulations and standards; provide advice on application to the environment.
- Technology Compliance: Develop a strong understanding of the underlying technical requirements of the IS policy, identification of compliance gaps and provide appropriate consultation to the businesses on the resolution options.
- Security Awareness and training programs.
- Risk & Controls Assessments: scheduled and ad-hoc self-assessments and compliance to various regulatory requirements. Third party security reviews, including onsite visits.
- Incident Response: Lead on IT security incident management process. Ensure that IT security incidents are investigated, reported and associated risks being managed;
- Ensure IT operation’s continuity of business and disaster recovery; work with BCM team to refine strategies for recovering critical information resources in case of a disaster;
- Involved in decision making process and assist in annual budget planning for IT risk & security and security investment priorities;
- You will require at least five years of experience in Technology Risk Management or an IT Audit role.
- You will be familiar with Risk Management frameworks and Technology Risk/Operational Risk Management implementation. You will be proficient in and familiar with technological regulations, primarily in
- Good team leader/player with strong interpersonal skills yet able to work independently.
- Excellent interpersonal and influential skills to enable the implementation of security program and MAS TRM compliance activities
- You will also possess excellent communication and stakeholder management skills as you will work with complex stakeholders including Risk, BCM and Procurement.
- Technical skills and hands-on experience on IT security related solutions. (endpoint protection, vulnerability management, security hardening, firewalls, web application security scanning, etc.)
- Possess strong analytical, creative problem solving, and writing skills;
- Related work experience in the Banking & Finance industry will be desirable
- CISSP or CISM Certified is preferred
- Prior experience in IT Disaster Recovery management.
Interested applicants, please submit your application online via our careers page.
About AIA Singapore
AIA is one of the pre-eminent and the largest listed life insurance groups in the world with an exclusive focus on the Asia Pacific region. This size, leadership position and regional presence across 18 geographical markets can offer you greater exposure to new experiences and opportunities for growth and development. We have a clear vision and throughout the company’s 90 years of history, we continue to change and transform for the future and for the better. In addition to playing an important role in supporting and preserving the economies of markets where we operate, the very nature of the insurance industry is all about providing protection to people when they need it particularly during difficult times. The people at AIA are all committed to working together with this common moral purpose and take great pride from what they do. If these propositions appeal to you and if you are proactive, forward-looking and innovative, consider a career at AIA.