AVIRE combines 4 market-leading brands (E-Motive, TL Jones, Janus and Memco) within the elevator industry; offering light curtains, electronic displays, emergency telephones and LED lighting. Each brand has a strong market presence, a unique identity, a distinct product range, and a long, successful history. The group has manufacturing and sales capability in the Czech republic, China and Singapore. Additional sales offices serve Italy, Spain, France, Germany, Japan, Australia, India and Dubai coupled with a network of distributors across the globe.
At Avire we value independence, determination, proactivity and tremendous drive, so we are looking for individuals who can demonstrate achievement of exceptional results with the potential to contribute even more. We are ambitious in our goals, so we need to ensure that we employ people with the talent and ambition to help. We are also part of the Halma group (www.halma.com). Within Halma there are also additional exciting and challenging opportunities for high performing and ambitious people.
This is an exciting opportunity for a pro-active and highly motivated individual who is driven, ambitious and can make a positive impact on the future of Avire.
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003003029219
The application engineer reports to Engineering Support Manager and is responsible for the technical support (pre-sales and post-sales) of all AVIRE product lines (E-Motive in particular) sold globally.
The application engineer works with cross-functional departments to provide initial pre-sales technical proposal, order fulfilment and subsequent post-sales support, through understanding and making changes according to customers’ requirement, and assisting in site installation, testing and commissioning.
This role serves as an important support function to Display project sales, providing pre and post sales technical support to customers.
- To assist sales to grow AVIRE/Display business
- To provide timely and immediate response to customer’s inquiries and feedback
- To ensure timely release of all Engineering Work Orders (based on all necessary & correct information from customer specification and requirement)
- To ensure accurate and timely delivery of solutions to customers.
- Provides pre-sale support on tender specification and presentation.
- Handles customer’s order by going through details in purchase order, liaises with sales personnel or customer on non-compliance.
- Follows up on sales or customer for technical information clarification.
- Ensures Engineering Work Order and Production Instruction are issued and processed in accordance with customer’s order in a timely manner.
- Handles customer technical inquires through telephone, fax, e-mail correspondences in a timely, efficient and professional manner.
- Provides technical supports during site installation, troubleshooting, testing and commissioning.
- Conducts product training to customers and internal personnel.
- Generates User Manual, Wiring Diagrams and Instructions.
- Generates Engineering Change Order for minor product modifications
- Other duties as assigned by line manager.
- Must have min. Diploma or Degree relevant engineering qualification.
- Min. of 2 year’s experiences.
- Team player but also able to work independently.
- Dynamic handling of ad-hoc tasks assignment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with proactive attitude.
- Proficiency in mechanical drawing using AutoCAD.
- Proficiency in Assembly/C Programming.
- Understanding of Serial Bus communication such as CAN, RS422/RS485, RS232, SPI etc is required.
- Understanding of basic Networking is required.
- Ability to perform Hardware Testing/Troubleshooting is required.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Preferably well spoken and written Chinese as need to deal with Chinese customers
- Ability and acceptance to travel as required across the world.
- Graduates with a good degree and positive attitude may apply.
Interested applicants may send your resume including the full details of personal particulars, employment history, current & expected remuneration by clicking "Apply Now"
We regret to inform that only short-listed candidates will be notified.