Founded in 1907 as a messenger company in the United States, UPS has grown into a multi-billion-dollar corporation by clearly focusing on the goal of enabling commerce around the globe. Today UPS, or United Parcel Service Inc., is a global company with one of the most recognised and admired brands in the world. As the largest express carrier and package delivery company in the world, we are also a leading provider of specialised transportation, logistics, capital, and e-commerce services. Every day we manage the flow of goods, funds and information in more than 200 countries and territories worldwide.
APAC Strategy Manager
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003003034284
Employer Ref. 035515
This manager’s position will analyze our capabilities to serve targeted customer segments in their current and future supply chains and build strategies and business cases to serve them more effectively, creating competitive advantages in the value that we create.
- Work with the strategy development team to understand greatest market opportunities and align work streams to diagnose and understand segments that align to UPS long term targets for top and bottom line growth across all three business units.
- Liaise with internal groups across field sales, segment marketing, solutions, and enterprise sales to build priorities for supply chain development. Build knowledgebase and create prioritization system leveraging knowledge of feasibility of proposed solutions and impact to UPS business.
- Build external network to understand landscape of changes across supply chains and across geographies and modal shifts as an input to decision making on how to build capabilities.
- Develop hypothesis and scenarios on how to build capabilities based on competitiveness and logical fit with UPS portfolios. Demonstrate options for build or acquire where appropriate.
- Incorporate inputs into well thought out business cases for review and approval by sr. executives on the region business planning team.
- Build project plans and guide implementation of capabilities development.
- Liaise internally with marketing and sales to build go to market strategies on execution of created capabilities.
- Engage with UPS and non UPS customers to identify and test theories on validation of pain points and the ability to meet and exceed expectations.
- Minimum degree qualification in any disciplines
- 10 years rotational experience across relevant functions in Segment Marketing, Solutions, enterprise Account sales, supply chain operations or engineering is preferable
- Ability to map customer and industry segment supply chains with sufficient detail to understand gaps and opportunities
- Financial and commercial skill sets to build business cases
- Possess good communication skills to build materials articulating complex thoughts and processes to convince decision makers on key courses of action
- Multi modal understanding of cost and service trade offs
- Ability to work independently with demonstrate initiative
- Possess working knowledge of market trends to anticipate new supply chain needs in targeted segments
- Collaborate well across UPS geographic business units as well as cross functional colleagues toward outcomes