Analyst, Internal Communciations, Corporate Real Estate Strategy & Administration (CRESA), Technology & Operations
DBS Bank Ltd
jobsDB ref: JSG400003003184132
Employer Ref. 170000Y0
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
About CRESA (Corporate Real Estate Strategy & Administration)
CRESA is the custodian of DBS’s real estate assets through optimizing cost and footprint, while transforming spaces to drive a culture of work that focuses on collaboration, innovation and teamwork. We manage close to 4 million sq feet of space, from office spaces to more than 270 retail locations in Singapore and around the world.
We are a diverse team of corporate real estate professionals and related fields, and aim to use our combined expertise to lead the corporate real estate industry by being digitally-wired, using data to power our real estate decisions and operations, and obsessing ourselves with the customers’ job to be done.
For office spaces, our main goal is to find and build the right spaces to allow colleagues to collaborate and innovate; from building social hubs to activity-based working spaces, we lead in influencing the culture of the bank towards a 22,000-person start-up. For retail locations, we source and select the best sites, negotiate for the best lease terms, design and build the site to help achieve the best customer journey and experience. Above all, our team is also the guardian of the Bank’s environment, keeping the offices and retail locations at its best every day.
About the role:
We are looking for an Internal Communications role, based in Singapore. You will report to the Internal Communications Lead, and will work closely with him/her.
- Work together with the Lead to establish an internal commutations strategy
- Develop and implement campaigns to promote greater understanding of CRESA’s initiatives to the bank
- Plan, edit, write and produce compelling content to draw colleagues to communication platforms, while curating and managing the various communication outlets, including a staff intranet site, email platform, internal Yammer site, Facebook, to name a few
- Work with various teams to plan stories from the teams’ initiatives to be profiled to the whole Bank through Group Communications’ platform
- Proactive use of workable and interactive communication tools and channels to reach employees
- Ensure internal communications messages are consistent across all mediums and align to the Bank’s strategic objectives
- Be involved in organizing employee engagement programmes to foster a shared sense of identity
- Lead or support ad-hoc projects where required
- Possess an inquisitive and creative mind
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in marketing and/or communications
- Comfortable with social media
- Independent and self-directed but able to work with and within teams
- Excellent inter-personal and stakeholder management skills
- Strong communication, presentation and writing skills
- Strong skills in developing content – videos, newsletters, etc.
- A hands-on team player who is a self-starter, possesses a can-do attitude and always looking for new ways to engage and interact
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.
About DBS Bank Ltd
DBS is a leading financial services group in Asia, with over 280 branches across 18 markets. Headquartered and listed in Singapore, DBS has a growing presence in the three key Asian axes of growth: Greater China, Southeast Asia and South Asia. The bank's capital position, as well as "AA-" and "Aa1" credit ratings, is among the highest in Asia-Pacific. DBS has been recognised for its leadership in the region, having been named “Asia’s Best Bank” by The Banker, a member of the Financial Times group, and “Best Bank in Asia-Pacific” by Global Finance. The bank has also been named “Safest Bank in Asia” by Global Finance for seven consecutive years from 2009 to 2015.
More Jobs from this employer
VP, Regional Strategic Planning & Support, Institutional Banking Group Operations, Technology and Operations
AVP / Senior Associate, Technology Engineer, Institutional Banking Tech, Technology and Operations