Airport Emergency Officer (Specialist)
Changi Airport Group (S) Pte Ltd
jobsDB ref: JSG400003002959165
Employer Ref. HB415
You will be a senior Non-Commissioned Officer (NCO) in charge of specialist emergency vehicles and responsible for the effective implementation of airport emergency tactical plans. You will supervise a group of Junior Fire Officers in the areas of fire vehicle operation, life preservation and minimization of property loss during emergencies at the airport. You will be deployed at Changi but may also be rotated to Seletar airport, the airbases or the Singapore Aviation Academy. As this is a uniform service which operates round-the-clock, you will be required to perform shift duties. Outstanding officers would be considered for promotion to the Senior Officer Scheme.
- To operate sophisticated firefighting and rescue equipment. To lead a team of fire fighters in controlling infernos and initiating rescue, as well as to protect evacuation paths at the accident site
- To plan, organize and implement fire safety awareness and emergency preparedness programmes
- To upkeep operational readiness and effectiveness by passing the IPPT annually
- Diploma from a local Polytechnic with good CCA records and a strong inclination for rescue type of work.
- Self-discipline, physically and medically fit with good eyesight; able to distinguish major colors.
- Leadership qualities as well as good communication and writing skills.
- Candidates with Class 3 driving license would be preferred.
About Changi Airport Group (S) Pte Ltd
As one of the world's leading airport companies, Changi Airport Group manages Changi Airport and undertakes key functions including airport operations and management, air hub development, commercial activities and airport emergency services. We aspire to build a company where ordinary people achieve extraordinary results; one where our people possess a passion for service and are committed to teamwork, integrity and excellence. Working together with our colleagues and partners to achieve the best outcome, we deliver innovative services and create a world-class experience for our passengers. With a set-up of multiple businesses, we present challenging work and diverse opportunities for our employees to further their personal and professional growth, providing a platform for them to develop and see through their ideas and contributions, making an impact to our organization and to the communities we serve locally and globally. Together, we are exceptional people, connecting lives.