Transforming challenges into opportunity. Accelerating careers. Propelling business growth. Few companies can match Experis’ scope, history of success and our reputation as the global leader in professional talent and solutions. We know that peak performance is humanly possible. We help our clients and our talent to achieve it through our deep industry knowledge and an unmatched understanding of human potential.
Experis accelerates business growth and careers by intensely attracting, assessing and placing specialized expertise in Information Technology, Engineering, Manufacturing, Healthcare and other industries. We precisely deliver in-demand talent for mission-critical positions, enhancing the competitiveness of the organizations and people we serve. We also apply our expertise to provide a suite of proven workforce solutions that improve our clients' productivity, efficiency and cost containment.
Experis is a dedicated business unit of ManpowerGroup – a world leader in employment services for nearly 70 years, and a recognized pioneer in the industry.
Airfield Project Manager
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003003029103
EA License No 02C3423
The Airfield Project Manager is responsible for management of medium to large jobs, and is required to provide support and direction to the project design & engineering manager/engineers, construction manager, technicians and sub-contractors. This support will consist of administrative tasks, forecasting, planning, risk identification, change order management, billing and payments.The role also requires technical and execution knowledge of Airfield Systems, primarily (AFLCMS) Airfield Lighting System and related Control & Monitoring System, (VDGS) Visual Docking and Guidance System, and knowledge of Interface with other (ATC) Air Traffic Control Systems to drive best practice engineering processes and tools to proactively manage design and prevent technical issues that lead to Project deviation.
- Overall responsibility for completing assigned Airfield Lighting and related Control & Monitoring projects
- Ensures on time delivery of projects, within scope with zero or positive deviation
- Leads creation and maintenance of the project plan. Works with the customer's project management to coordinate major milestones and resolve schedule issues
- Monitors the project processes to identify opportunities for improving the project financial results based on project changes and events (schedule, scope, hindrances etc.) and initiates / takes action to obtain these
- Manage project specific install operations teams in the effective adoption, implementation and compliance with its policies, processes, procedures, tools and business best practices
- Detailed Level 2 Technical knowledge of either the current company's AFL / CMS product portfolio or the Competitor AFL / CMS product portfolio
- Maintains customer's satisfaction at acceptable levels and promptly resolves customer issues
- Ownership for assigned Project financial performance. Monitors financial performance monthly and reviews estimates versus actuals across their project deck to continuously improve Install operational metrics. Actively uses Change Order Management processes to increase revenue and minimize GM deviation
- Effectively leads the implementation of productivity enhancing process changes related to project delivery
- Controls cost and maximize productivity through the utilization of effective tools, processes and products
- Ensures the availability of tools, equipment, and materials required while maintaining and controlling inventory levels
- Participate in estimate review process prior to jobs or contracts being quoted to ensure labour estimates are correct and that the work is achievable from a technical perspective. Ensure that subcontracts quotations, where applicable, are complete and documented
- Participates in risk review and sales to operations handover meetings for assigned projects
- Manage the performance management process, conducting performance appraisals, and providing coaching, training, career planning, development, salary administration and reward and recognition for assigned personnel
- Partner with other Project Managers to ensure that the most effective utilization of resources within the District
- Build an effective team that is committed to organizational goals and fosters collaboration among team members and between teams
- Develops an effective relationship with the Sales and Service teams so as ensure, effective sales to operations handovers, optimized utilization of resources, maximized pull through of service and projects
- Be the change management leader for team and aggressively implement agreed to initiatives
- Ensure applicable local and industry codes and standards are upheld
- Ensures that its SOPs are adhered to
- Ensure a safe and healthy work environment through effective communication, training, equipment / vehicle maintenance and facilities improvement. Manage safety program for assigned Projects
- Engineering / Management degree (Desired)
- PMI Certification (Desired)
- 5-7 years' experience in a team management
- Thorough knowledge of Project operations and financial processes
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team