Accounts Executive (Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable)
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003003027757
Hotel in Sentosa Island is looking for an Accounts Executive (Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable).
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the incumbent shall be responsible to perform accounts payable/accounts receivable duties.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure accuracy of processing, recording and dispensing all transactions between the hotel and vendors.
- Match all invoices with purchases orders, receiving documents, packing slips, etc., ensuring that all bills represent authorized, legitimate purchases and verify additions and extensions on all invoices.
- Properly code and record expenses to the correct cost center/general ledger account and obtain appropriate department head approvals and enter all invoices/vouchers into the appropriate accounting system for payment processing in a timely manner with the special attention to vendors offering cash discounts.
- Prepare daily bank deposit envelope.
- Provides assistance in the closing of books at month end.
- Reconcile vendor statements on a weekly basis.
- Ensure that all invoices are authorised by Head of Departments prior to being processed through the system.
- Reconcile supplier statements with hotel records, in conjunction with the month end cheque run. Follow up all discrepancies and handle vendor and internal inquiries.
- Ensure the correct General Ledger codes are used and recorded on the invoices.
- Balancing daily transfers to City Ledger, posting editing and updating to accounts receivable system.
- Reconcile all credit card charges to payments received.
- Preparing and distributing invoices for all check out with balance accounts.
- Posting all cheque payments received daily.
- Diploma in Accounting
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar capacity in hotel industry
- Strong sense of responsibility and self-motivation
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to perform well under pressure
- Ability to work as part of a team and as well as independent on own initiative
- Only Singaporeans