Since its establishment in 1975, Meiden Singapore has an enduring reputation as a technological powerhouse in the power transmission & distribution industry. To embrace an increasingly environmentally-aware era, we are leveraging on our technological base to diversify into water treatment solutions, smart power grid, pure electric motors and several other eco-age technologies.
We seek qualified candidates to apply for the following position:
Accountant (Compliance & Reporting)
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003002988251
The Accountant will be responsible for regulatory compliance across multiple business operations and process improvement in Finance function. He/she will also be responsible for implementing the new FRS regulations for the company.
- Ensure adherence to established accounting principles and practices of Financial Reporting Standards (FRS)
- Conduct research on FRS and regulation
- Responsible for the implementation of FRS changes that impact the accounting system and business operations
- Responsible for the compliance review of the business operations to ensure adherence to the company policy and operating procedures and regulatory requirements
- Responsible for documentation and updating of accounting policies and procedures
- Maintain a sound system of internal control
- Provide tax advice on business transactions
- Identify initiatives that may qualify for tax incentives
- Responsible for tax accounting transaction
- Preparing and submission of tax returns to relevant authorities
- Liaise with tax agent on corporate tax matters
- Work on any other ad hoc projects
- Responsible for company secretary related matters
- Degree in Accountancy or ACCA or equivalent
- CA Singapore and knowledge of SAP will be advantageous
- Min. 5 years of working experience
- Prior experience in internal or external audit will be advantageous
- Well verse in FRS, and hand-on experience in FRS compliance
- Strong written and verbal communication, negotiation and presentation skills
- Strong analytical & problem solving skills
- Ability to develop and present detailed analytical reports
- Ability to work independently and build strong partnership
- Willing to work in Jurong area
If you fit the above requirements, please email your resume, last drawn and expected salary.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.