Academic Developer (2-year contract)
Singapore University of Technology and Design
jobsDB ref: JSG400003003153279
SUTD’s Learning Sciences Lab (LSL), as part of the Office of Education(OED), works closely with internal and external stakeholders to provide a range of services to faculty members, teaching assistants and students in enhancing teaching and learning at SUTD.
LSL offers services such as pedagogical workshops, consultations and collaborations on teaching and pedagogical research. It also organizes talks, seminars and conferences on teaching and learning and helps to build communities of practitioners through interest groups and communications.
The Academic Developer will work closely with the Assistant Director of LSL to
- Conceptualise and deliver educational development programmes, courses, workshops for students, Teaching Assistants and Faculty
- Organize educational talks, and seminars
- Support faculty in curriculum design, teaching, and assessment
- Support faculty and developers in project management and instructional design of Technology enabled learning projects
- Support evaluation and communication on Teaching and Learning projects
- Organize and support interest group activities on pedagogy
- Contribute and support LSL communications (e.g., Website, Newsletter)
- Support LSL and OED administrative activities as required
LSL is seeking a passionate Academic Developer, with
- Minimum qualification of Bachelors/Masters (preferably STEM discipline)
- At least 5 years of experience in higher education - preferably in student-centered and technology enabled Teaching and Learning contexts
- Interest in educational research/Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
- Background in educational development
- Excellent coaching/facilitation and communication skills
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to Singapore University of Technology and Design
About Singapore University of Technology and Design
The Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD) is in the driver’s seat to influence technology and design by being equipped with the know-how and the means to become the new research authority that inspires technology breakthroughs.
Established in collaboration with Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), SUTD is ushering in a new era of scientific and technological research, and in the development of new curricula to the conducting of major joint research projects.
Spark inspiration and innovation from within. Steer your aspiration in the right direction.
Be part of this exciting opportunity to push the boundaries of design research in the pursuit of improving our world.