Terms and Conditions
Eligibility & Contest Duration
By participating in this Contest, you acknowledge to have fully understood and thus agree to be bound by the stipulations stated in these Terms & Conditions:
- The Big Dreams Start Small Instagram Contest shall be held from 04 December 2014, 0000 hours – 17 December 2014, 2359.
- Announcement of winners shall be done by 19 December 2014 on jobsDB Singapore’s official Instagram account “@jobsDB _Singapore” and DreamBig Microsite.
- The contest is open to Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents aged 18 years and above only.
- Permanent and/or contract employees of the Organiser (jobsDB Singapore Pte. Ltd.) will not be eligible to enter this contest.
- Contest mechanics involve the following steps:
- Shoot a 15-second video of a child (up to 12 years old) saying what they want to be when they grow up and why.
- Upload the video to Instagram with the hashtag #jobsDBDreamBig.
- Follow jobsDB Singapore’s official Instagram “@jobsDB_Singapore“.
- The entrant with most number of ‘Likes’ on their Instagram #jobsDBDreamBig video will win the grand prize of a S$3,000 travel voucher.
- The runner-ups in 2nd to 11th places will be awarded consolations prizes of (10) sets of GV movie tickets.
- By joining this contest, participants acknowledge that they have obtained the legal consent from the subject’s legal guardian or parent to capture on video and submit the material as entry and do hereby express that it is their respective Instagram account they use to submit the particular entry.
- Instagram profile should be set to ‘Public’ visibility setting throughout the entire course of the Contest.
- Every person who uploads a video featuring a 15-second clip of a child saying what they want to be when they grow up and why with the hashtag #jobsDBDreamBig shall automatically be entered in the competition.
- The Organiser reserves the right to extract any or all Participant video entries from Instagram to build a montage video for publicity purposes without prior compensation or notice, and at its sole discretion for present and future campaigns.
- Should an entry be shortlisted and identified as one of the candidates for winning, participants are only eligible to win the stipulated Contest prizes upon completion and submission of documents as stated in Section C Clause 4 of this document, including an express written consent from the parent/s or legal guardian/s for their child/children to appear in Participants’ entry videos and any subsequent publicity or promotional material developed and circulated by the Organiser.
- The Organiser may at its sole and absolute discretion extend the Contest Duration at any time without giving any prior notice. Participants’ participation in the Contest during the extended period shall be governed by the Contest’s Terms and Conditions.
- The Contest is only available in Singapore and no other countries.
- The Organiser will not be responsible for the loss of opportunity to participate due to entries not received or for any other reason(s).
Selection, Announcement & Notification of Winners
- Prizes are outlined below:
NOTE: **Prizes are subject to respective service provider/vendor’s Terms & Conditions.
Most number of ‘Likes’
(1) Grand Prize
(1) Travel Voucher worth SGD 3,000**
2nd to 11th most number of Likes
(10) Consolation Prizes
(10) Sets of GV Movie Tickets
Note: Each set contains 10 pieces of tickets**
- Candidates for winning entries shall be contacted by jobsDB at the end of the contest period no later than 19 December 2014. Instagram account names of candidates for winning entries shall be announced by “@jobsDB_Singapore”; and on jobsDB Dream Big microsite by 19 December 2014. jobsDB Singapore’s official Instagram account “@jobsDB_Singapore” shall post an announcement of the candidates for winning entries.
IMPORTANT NOTE: No purchase or commitment to pay or submit in any financial or monetary form, whatsoever shall be required from the participants for the duration of the campaign and thereon. Should there be enquiries, kindly contact: marketing @jobsDB.com.sg
- Announced candidates for winning entries are subject to validation steps stated herewith.
- Should the selected winners not be contactable or have not confirmed receipt of announcement through their respective Instagram accounts, mobile/home/office numbers or email address (if applicable) at the end of prescribed (14) calendar days from the date of announcement shall be considered grounds for disqualification of prize. The next runner-up in most Instagram ‘Likes’ will be awarded the prize instead.
- Winning posts will be determined by the accumulated number of ‘Likes’ on entrants’ Instagram video posts; the top 11 posts with the most number of likes, upon the end of the campaign on 17 December 2014, 2359 hours will be awarded prizes.
- There is no limit to the number of entries each Participant can submit. The decision of the Organiser is final and no further correspondence will be entered into.
- The Organiser shall not be held responsible for any loss of prizes due to unchecked Instagram messages, emails and faulty email addresses.
Collection of Rewards
- jobsDB Singapore shall contact winning parties using its official domain firstname.lastname@example.org or official Instagram account “@jobsdDB_Singapore” to advise on the steps for claiming at (of which dates would have to be confirmed):
8 Jurong Townhall Road,
The JTC Summit, Singapore 609434.
- Prizes are non-transferable and non-exchangeable for cash.The Organiser reserves the right to use any other method or medium it deems fit at its sole and absolute discretion for the purpose of announcing the Winners.
- Selected winners should claim prizes no longer than (30) calendar days from date of announcement.
- Each winning participant would need to accomplish jobsDB Singapore’s validation forms upon claiming of prizes:
- Express acknowledgement of obtaining legal right to submit winning entry to the contest
- Acknowledgement of ownership of the Instagram account used
- Photocopy of IC
- Falsification and misrepresentation of stated information are deemed punishable by the law to its full extent. jobsDB Singapore thereby indemnifies itself from disputes and further claims upon accomplishment of the stated requirements above.
- All transportation, accommodation, personal costs and/or any other cost, fee and/or related expense that are incurred to participate in this Contest, and to redeem the prize are the sole responsibility of the participants, and the winners must abide by the terms and conditions of all parties arranging and/or providing for the prizes and the terms and conditions attached to the prizes, if any. Other expenses incurred are the sole responsibility of the prize recipients.
- As far as permitted by law, The Organiser and its associated companies and agents exclude responsibility and all liabilities arising from any postponement, cancellation, delay or changes to the rewards details beyond the control of The Organiser and for any act or default of any third party supplier.
- Failure to redeem your prize or to produce the required documents for identification will result in the prize being forfeited (30) calendar days after the announcement of the winners.
- The Organiser reserves the right to disqualify entries that do not meet the terms and conditions of the Contest.
- The Organiser reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Participants who is found, or suspected of, tampering with the Contest submission process, the operation of the Contest or to be in violation and/or breach of these Terms and Conditions and/or the Terms and Conditions in The Organiser Web-site. The Organiser reserves the right to pursue legal action against any individual it believes has undertaken fraudulent activities or other activities harmful to the Contest or the Contest submission process.
- The Participants agree to release and hold The Organiser free and harmless of any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, actions, costs and expenses of any kind in connection with the Contest or resulting from acceptance, possession, or use of any prize, including without limitation to personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy.
- The participant shall grant the Organiser the simple right to duplicate, disseminate, make publicly accessible and process the contents he/she has submitted for the Contest at no charge and with no restrictions on location, and to assign these rights to third parties such as technical service providers. These rights shall be granted indefinitely. The granting of the aforementioned rights shall serve the Organiser in present and future campaigns and any display of participant contributions in online and offline media. Participants shall waive their rights to being named as the originator.
- There is no cash alternative to the prizes, and The Organiser shall have the right to substitute the prizes being offered with one of equal or greater value.
- The Organiser disclaims any liability for inaccurate information, whether caused by the Website, users, equipment used in the Contest, or by human or technical errors related to the submission of entries. The Organiser makes no warranties or guarantees in relation to the prizes.
- The Organiser shall not be responsible for the conduct or for the information and content published by the participants during this Contest and shall not appropriate said content. The Organiser shall not be responsible for reviewing said content, but reserves the right to cancel or disqualify any publication thereof should tangible evidence exist that the content violate statutory regulations, official prohibitions, third-party rights or are morally objectionable or includes language deemed abusive or defamatory.
- The Organiser may cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest or these terms and conditions prior to the cessation of the Contest for any reason, including for technical reasons such as computer viruses, bugs, tampering or technical failures.
- The Participants agree to indemnify The Organiser on a full indemnity basis with respect to any claim, suit or proceedings of whatever nature brought by any of the winners’ beneficiaries and/or third party in respect of the acceptance and/or use of the rewards.
- The Organiser is also not responsible for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction, unauthorized access to, or alteration of, user or member communications, or any problems or technical malfunction of The Organiser’s telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of e-mail or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet.
- The Organiser reserves the right:
- To amend, revise, supplement, delete, vary or add to these terms and conditions without prior notice at any time and the Participants shall be bound by such changes, amendments, revisions, supplements, deletions, variations or additions;
- At any time to change any aspect of the Contest (including widening the scope of the Contest or replacing the devices offered) without prior notice but such terms and conditions shall not affect the continuation of the Contest duration;
- At its sole discretion modify the Contest in the event of unforeseen circumstances due to force majeure events.