1. Why your pages keep link out to JobStreet?
In order to serve our customers better, we are bringing a new business model in the market to maximise the customer benefits – reinventing jobsDB SG and JobStreet.com SG with a clear and differentiated value proposition.
As such, to prepare for change, we are in the midst of moving users from jobsDB over to JobStreet.com to enjoy maximum benefits. As a welcome gesture, advertisement posted on JobStreet.com will automatically be reposted on jobsDB.com.
2. Will my profile be deleted from jobsDB?
With the relaunch of jobsDB as a new offering in May 2018, you will no longer be able to access your myjobsDB account, including your jobsDB profile.
3. Since JobsDB is not closing down, why are you asking me to migrate my profile to JobStreet.com? Why can’t my profile be used for the new jobsDB?
Although jobsDB is not closing down, it will be relaunching with a differentiated value proposition in the second quarter of 2018. Hence, your existing myjobsDB account will no longer be accessible and your profile will no longer be available. Migrating your profile over to JobStreet.com is to ensure you do not miss out on any job opportunities.
4. Why are there more jobs on jobsDB than JobStreet.com now? Why are you asking me to migrate my profile over to JobStreet.com then?
As a welcome gesture for the migration of jobsDB to JobStreet.com, advertisement posted on JobStreet.com will automatically be reposted on jobsDB.com.
That is why it seems that jobsDB has more jobs. Candidates will however be redirected back to JobStreet.com should they apply to these job postings. It is recommended that you create a JobStreet.com profile as you will need this to apply for the jobs that are originally posted on JobStreet.com.
5. Can I choose not to create profile on JobStreet.com?
a. We strongly recommend for you to create a profile on JobStreet.com by April 2018 in order to keep up to date with the latest job opportunities. The reason being, your current myjobsDB account will no longer be assessible when the new jobsDB is relaunched with a differentiated value proposition in the second quarter of 2018.
The current jobsDB job alerts that you are subscribed to will also discontinue on this day.
6. I’m not sure how to use JobStreet.
We understand that it can be hard to get familiarised with a new platform. Please drop us an email at to let us know what we can help you with.
7. Will I be able to log in to myjobsDB after I’ve migrated my profile over to JobStreet.com?
Yes, the existing jobsDB website will continue to operate as per normal till end April. Till then, you will enjoy the same access to your myjobsDB account.
8. Will I still receive job alerts and apply to jobs posted on jobsDB after I migrate my profile over? Will I be losing out on job opportunities?
Yes, the existing jobsDB website will continue to operate as per normal till end April. Till then, you will still be receiving jobsDB job alerts in your registered email address.
9. I’ve recently applied for some jobs on jobsDB. What will happen when I migrate my jobsDB profile over?
The existing jobsDB website will continue to operate as per normal till end April. Till then, you will enjoy the same access to your myjobsDB account, where you can check on the status of your recently applied jobs on jobsDB.
10. I want to sue you, for disclosing my info to JobStreet.com.
We regret that the migration of your jobsDB profile to JobStreet.com has caused you alarm. The procedure was being done on 30th April in order to ensure you do not miss out on any job opportunities as your jobsDB profile will no longer be accessible and you will stop receiving job alerts from jobsDB. As jobsDB and JobStreet.com are both are under the same parent company, we like to reassure you that any information you provide us with will be kept private and within the company