1. How does JobsDB.com Career Expo 2012 benefit me?
The fair will expose you to thousands of job opportunities and offers a rare experience where visitors will be able to meet potential employers. Through interactions, a deeper understanding can be achieved of the different job functions and industries.
2. Do I have to register if I am an existing JobsDB.com member?
Visitors need to register for the Career Expo 2012 even if you are an existing member of JobsDB.com Singapore.
Existing members are able to register using their existing JobsDB.com user account. User details and resumes in existing JobsDB.com accounts will sync with your Career Expo account seamlessly.
3. Is there any admission fee?
No. Admission is free for everyone above 16 years old. But to enter into the exhibition hall, all job applicants will have to register themselves at the registration counter on level 1 and 4.
4. Who will have access to my information uploaded?
All registered details will be kept confidential and will not be released to any third party for commercial purpose. Your registered information will only be released to respective companies or education providers participating in the event when a job application is made.
5. Do I have to bring hardcopies of my resume?
As the JobsDB.com Career Expo has always been a paperless career fair, visitors do not need to bring their hard copy resume. All applications will be done via an electronic submission.
If you only have the hardcopy of your resume, proceed to JobsDB.com booth to scan and attach your resume to your registered account/career card.
6. Will there be a dress code?
As there will be the presence of employers and usually first impression counts, corporate casual attire is strongly recommended. Interview rooms available too.
Will I be interviewed on the spot?
All visitors are advised to be well-prepared for a possible interview on the spot as it is the sole discretion of the organisations to do so.
8.Can foreigners apply for jobs at the event?
Yes. JobsDB.com Career expo 2012, 24 March and 25 March will be open to public.
Foreigners will just go through the normal registration procedure.
9. What is a green sticker?
A green sticker indicates that you’ve registered and can start applying for jobs.
10. Where can I get a green sticker?
- A green sticker will be given to you at Registration Counter (Level 1 or 4) if you have already completed your resume via pre-registration.
- If you have not pre-register for the event, make your way to JobsDB.com booth at Level 4 to submit a softcopy of your resume. Once you have completed your resume, collect a green sticker at the Customer Service Counter.
11. How do I apply for jobs?
- Do you have a green sticker? If not, proceed to JobsDB.com booth to upload your resume.
- Once you have a green sticker, simply scan your career card with the barcode scanner at any exhibitors’ booth, Application Center, Public Sector Area, Kiosk and Island Pavilion.
- You resume is now automatically submitted! Good luck!
12. How can I get more out of JobsDB.com Career Expo?
- Make full use of the floor plan to plan your booth visits. Check out the floor plan and list of exhibitors.
- Besides checking out exhibitors’ booth, visit the following areas for more job opportunities
- Application Center – Scan and apply instantly for any jobs/courses from all the participating companies at JobsDB.com Career Expo.
- Public Sector Jobs – Browse all public sector jobs here!
- Island Pavilion - Apply for over 200 jobs offered by companies participating virtually at JobsDB.com Career Expo.
13. How to Participate in Daily Lucky Draw?
- 1 The New iPad to be given away daily
- 1 SingTel MioTV 12 months subscription plan to be won daily
- Collect a registration form from the form filling counters located at level 1 or 4
- Fill up form and drop it in the lucky draw box located at JobsDB.com booth
- Daily draw happens at 6pm
- Winner has to be present with an ID to collect the prize
14. What is happening at the Social Media Booth?
Like, Share, Tweet or Check in! You can like our fan page, share / tweet (#JobsDBSingapore) about our event and check-in at JobsDB.com Career Expo 2012. Show us the printscreen to get* a JobsDB.com stressball and $5 gift voucher from Plus! BigDeal.
No smart phone? Fret not; we have 2 laptops at the booth for you to log on to you FaceBook and Twitter account!
*subject to availability
Information is last updated on 1 March 2012