FAQ - Job Seeker
By registering a JobsDB Job Seeker account, you can enjoy the following member-only benefits:
- Create resumes and cover letters
- Specify employer-searchable resumes
- Subscribe to Job Alert e-mails
- Apply for Jobs
- Receive resume requests from employers
- Save job posting links for future reference
- Add personal notes / comments to the saved jobs
- Receive notification e-mails of promotional events from JobsDB and its business partners
- Sometimes e-mail service providers would misclassify e-mails from JobsDB as spam e-mails. Please see if the verification e-mail falls into your Spam / Junk mail folder.
- If you would like JobsDB to resend you the verification e-mail, login the system with your e-mail address and password, and click the MyJobsDB tab. Click the request another one link in the e-mail verification alert message to resend the verification e-mail to your registered e-mail address:
- If you would like to change your e-mail address, login the system with your existing e-mail address and password, click the MyJobsDB tab and click the Account Settings link. Change your e-mail address in the E-mail Address field, and then click the Save Changes button.
Please note the following if you are going to change your e-mail address at JobsDB.
Before the new e-mail address is verified,
- You will receive an e-mail with a link to verify the new e-mail address.
- You will have to login using the original e-mail address.
- No job applications and responses of resume requests can be sent to employers; instead, they will be put on hold for 3 days.
- No job alert, newsletter and promotional e-mails can be received.
- Employers who had obtained your resume (either through job application or your approval of their resume requests) will still see your original e-mail address and may continue to contact you using the original e-mail address.
After the new e-mail address is verified,
- You will have to login using the new e-mail address.
- If the new e-mail address is verified within 3 days of the job applications / responses of resume requests submission, job applications and responses of resume requests will be sent to the employers.
- Job alert, newsletter and promotional e-mails will be delivered to the new e-mail address.
- Employers who had obtained your resume (either through job application or your approval of their resume requests) will see your new e-mail address and may contact you using the new email address.
- If you had already verified your e-mail address, you should use the e-mail address that you registered to login your account. If you had not yet verified your e-mail address and your account was registered on or before 1 January 2010, you should use your old username to login the system.
- Make sure you have entered your e-mail address and password correctly. Since both your e-mail address and password are case-sensitive, make sure you have not pressed the Caps Lock button when you enter your login information.
- If you have forgotten your password, please use the Forgot Password feature so that we can send you a link via e-mail for you to reset your account password.